LXG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the official forum for the LXG team and community.

+4
PandesaLXG
ProfscLXG
IdunnoLXG
DocFletchLXG
8 posters

Captain elections?

DocFletchLXG
    DocFletchLXG

Captain elections? Empty Captain elections?

Post  DocFletchLXG Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:41 am

In a recent discussion with multiple LXG members via skype and also stemming from conversation in the last team meeting we talked about having an election for who the next captain of team-leagues will be. It's true that Nan is very busy with his own casting career and I feel it would be a good decision to continue relegating these responsibilities to another play.

I was just looking to spark some conversation about this specifically..

1. How do we hold the election? ie 3/4 of LXG members must be present or something like that.

2. Who would you like to nominate for this position??

This is all hypothecial, but the 3/4 vote is something I would like to implemenet for addition of new members in the future and also for elections like the one I'm suggesting.

i'm lookin forward to wait you guys have to say
    IdunnoLXG
    Admin

Captain elections? Empty Re: Captain elections?

Post  IdunnoLXG Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:48 am

The issues that are facing LXG in terms of our actual performance is team leagues. Lets face it we need to be a little more organized and that's done through active leadership. Right now we don't have that. Our game plan and our performance in team league has been absolutely abysmal.

If we want to invest in our future as a team we need someone to really commit to organizing practice sessions and going out of their way to do things like finding other clans to play. Someone who understands LXG well and is able to on the spot critique and take it seriously.

We're being outclassed right now, if we're going to build our future team we need to start from the top down and not from the down up.

We need a man with honor, conviction, action and charisma and that man is Dek.

However since Dek is busy I suggest Docfletch.
    ProfscLXG
    ProfscLXG
    Admin

Post  ProfscLXG Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:52 am

1. There are a couple ways that we could hold elections to protect how fair they are:

a. Vote by plurality (most votes wins)
    b. Vote by majority (50.1% wins) or depending on the definition of "majority" (i.e. "super majority") higher.
    c. Vote by runoff (most votes wins, but each candidate is "ranked" by voters and if their no.1 candidate is eliminated, their vote would go to their no.2 candidate, etc.) -- this is the hardest to manage because there would be to be a disinterested party tallying the votes.

2. 3/4s is a pretty high standard, but it would also be reflective of strong team opinions if passed.

----

Those thoughts aside, I'm in favor of positions for captain and vice captain should the captain be unable to attend a team league match. I agree with Idunno that we need active leadership that understands the team's strengths and weaknesses and that can prescribe practice regimens aimed at improving a player's performance in relation to the team. Although I'm all for individual growth, playing on a team is completely different from playing on the ladder and we need direction as players to strengthen the team.

Things like preparing vs. mech, preparing for the deathball, finding timings, working against all-ins, etc. I've worked with KaboodleLXG on determining how to hold the 8:30 roach/ling/bling all-in. We need more focused practice like this.

Just my thoughts,
    ProfSc
    PandesaLXG
    PandesaLXG

Captain elections? Empty Ye uhh

Post  PandesaLXG Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:59 am

Prof worked with me with my mech build
    ImuugiLXG
    ImuugiLXG
    Admin

Post  ImuugiLXG Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:02 pm

I agree with ProfSC on this and I think we should have nominations by everyone on LXG.
    ZeeLXG
    ZeeLXG
    Admin

Post  ZeeLXG Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:48 pm

Yeah I have to agree with everyone in here, we need a captain who can be active and one that everyone wants! Currently I am the "captain" but I def don't have enough time at least these past few weeks for being the captain with school and all. And I'm sure the same can be said for the summer because of having a job and what not.

I think 75% of the vote is a lot to ask for, even 66% would be a lot to ask for, maybe just a majority of the vote would be best. And it shouldn't be based off of popularity, votes should be on who they think will be the best leader and who can motivate other players to practice, etc etc. And the captain doesn't even have to necessarily be our best player!
    ProfscLXG
    ProfscLXG
    Admin

Post  ProfscLXG Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:33 am

It seems that a good number of players on the team want to hold elections including our captain, Zee, who I admire for his dedication while balancing real life obligations.

Considering that our match tonight never happened (though I'm guessing that we won?), I think it might be prudent to begin offering nominations for captain and vice captain. Maybe people who are interested in running should "throw their hats in the ring?"
    ImuugiLXG
    ImuugiLXG
    Admin

Post  ImuugiLXG Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:26 pm

I agree with ProfSC and I think we should get this started as soon as possible
    NanManLXG
    NanManLXG
    Admin

Post  NanManLXG Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:36 pm

I think this is a great plan! Very Happy

A couple points that I wanted to make bounce

At this time I would like to have those who are seriously interested in taking up a leadership position in LXG to post up in the LXG section(not the members section that way only admins/LXG team members will be able to see) The post doesn't have to be something too formal, but do take it seriously. At least post up if you want to be considered for the Captain or Co-captain postion.

In this section if you would like to nominate some to try and motivate them to post up in the LXG section pelease do so now. If you are nominating someone take the time to post up why you think they would be a good fit for the position.
    KaboodleschmittLXG
    KaboodleschmittLXG
    Admin

Post  KaboodleschmittLXG Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:32 pm

I'm actually going to go ahead and post a nomination in the members-only forum as well. Helps to keep these things in-clan.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content