LXG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the official forum for the LXG team and community.

4 posters

Heart of the Swarm discussion

KaboodleschmittLXG
    KaboodleschmittLXG
    Admin

Heart of the Swarm discussion Empty Heart of the Swarm discussion

Post  KaboodleschmittLXG Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:36 pm

Heart of the Swarm is still a work-in-progress as they make sure to say before each battle report they release, but from the ZvP and ZvT matches we've seen so far it looks semi-solidified the way it is currently. So what are your thoughts on this expansion?

Personally, the five things that I think are just a little ridiculous are...

- Ultralisk burrow-charge. I mean... Really? Ultras + fungals can engage well enough as it is, you don't really /need/ the burrow-charge and I think it overpowers them slightly

- Swarm host's locusts attack air as well as ground. This seems a little silly to me as well - why aren't they like beefier broodlings instead?

- Oracle... 'Pre-ordain' grants vision of anywhere on the map, like a scan. But isn't the point of protoss that they have to use observers while terran gets scans? It just seems unnecessary. Also, 'Entomb' has a much lower energy cost than it should and disrupts the economy too much, I feel.

- Tempest... With a maximum upgraded range of 20... And the ability to deal a lot of damage per shot to air and ground. Well. So much for mass void rays, I suppose, but this does seem a little much. 20 range is just under double that of a siege tank, and is over double that of a viking's air attack.

- Widow mine. This thing can attack air units as well as ground units? And it can be produced two at a time from a reactored factory... And it has a rather large range with what it can latch onto. Terran might benefit from a way to get control of zones easily, I suppose, but I don't think this is the solution for it - mutalisk harass can be shut down by this completely, for example, which seems about as silly as locusts shooting up. Spidermines played a large role in Broodwar, and I'm happy to see a mine unit making a resurgence, but one that hits air units as well with AoE is a little overpowered, in my opinion.

The rest of the units seem decent, although there are a few minor things (like how /quickly/ reapers regen their hp... It goes like a toss' shields, lol), and the rest of the changes seem fairly good to me. The Viper's 'Abduct' ability could potentially be quite overpowered, but then vipers cost a lot to create and take a lot of energy for the spell, so I'm of two minds on that one.

But yeah, what do you guys think?
    TheCaptain
    TheCaptain
    Admin

Heart of the Swarm discussion Empty Re: Heart of the Swarm discussion

Post  TheCaptain Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:41 am

All I'm gonna say is...Fear the Reaper, Man...

That and mech all day for terran. Battle Hellions should help beef up the already beefy composition. And if those mines make it past the beta, they're going to be a lot of fun.

Not sure how I feel about zerg and protoss, but will have to wait and see.

I am so looking forward to the chaos that's going to ensue at the release of HOTS. You know why? Because when chaos reigns, he who knows what he wants usually gets it.

GL HF
    ProfscLXG
    ProfscLXG
    Admin

Post  ProfscLXG Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:31 am

I'm just gonna go mass mines. Mines counter every single unit except Tempests, but that's what vikings are for.... and you'll have 8 reactored factories to swap anyway. MUWAHAHAAHHAA.
    eMc
    eMc

Post  eMc Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:59 am

Hey i was thinking the widow mine should be given to the reaper as an upgrade, so that reapers can be harass units who lay mines. I think that would set up for some really interesting play and make reapers an actually useful unit.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:26 am