LXG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the official forum for the LXG team and community.

5 posters

LXG Summer Championship Series Rules and Information

ProfscLXG
    ProfscLXG
    Admin

LXG Summer Championship Series Rules and Information Empty LXG Summer Championship Series Rules and Information

Post  ProfscLXG Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:04 pm

Note: Rules apply to both Bronze-Gold and Platinum-Diamond

Streams:
    Red Stream: Twitch.tv/teamlxg

Blue Stream: Twitch.tv/teamlxgblue

Leaderboard: http://www.teamlxg.com/

Official Observers: HikariLXG, IdunnoLXG, DekLXG, turkycatLXG, sulfateLXG, TeamLXG

Welcome to the LXG Summer Championship Series! I'm ProfScLXG, half of the casting due known as "Troll Science," and an admin for these events. Below, you will find the rules for the tournament, where to go, who to talk to, etc.

But first, you probably want to hear about the prize pool:
    • For Bronze-Gold, there is a $25 prize pool for the winner of the Championship Series, a free streaming overlay, free coaching with a possibility for gear. Details forthcoming.

• For Platinum-Diamond, there is a $75 prize pool for the winner of the Championship Series (though this may increase), a free streaming overlay, and possibilities for gear and a trophy. Details forthcoming.

The Format:
    1. Qualifiers will be single-elimination tournaments hosted on playhem.com. The matches are BO1s until the quarterfinals. From quarters to semis, the matches are BO3s. The final match is a BO5.

1a. Maps are determined by LXG admins prior to the start of the Qualifiers and are posted on playhem.com.

The Map Pool
    Condemned Ridge LE
    Tal’darim Altar LE
    Ohana LE
    MLG Shakuras Plateau
    GSL Antiga Shipyard
    GSL Atlantis Spaceship
    GSL Bel'Shir Beach (Official)
    GSL Daybreak
    GSL Metropolis
    GSL Entombed Valley
    GSL Whirlwind
    ESV Cloud Kingdom
    ESV Muspelheim

1b. The loser in a BO3 or BO5 series chooses the next map. The same map cannot be played in the same round. For example, if both players started on GSL Daybreak, the losing player cannot choose GSL Daybreak again.

1c. Replays must be uploaded to playhem.com. If you have difficulty uploading your replay, contact one of the following admins:

HikariLXG
    TeamLXG
    IdunnoLXG
    turkycatLXG
    sulfate (or sulfateLXG)

DO NOT contact any of LXG's official casters (you wouldn't want your VOD interrupted, would you?), unless under emergency circumstances:

The official casters with commissioner privileges in playhem.com are ProfScLXG, ParkyLXG, and DocfletchLXG.

2. The Point System

2a. The LXG Summer Championship Series (which encompasses the Qualifiers and the Championship) are governed by an internal point system that determines who will be invited to the Championship. The leaderboard for the point system will be maintained here: teamlxg.com.

2b. The Point System works in the following way:

• Each game that you win (not match) gives you points.
    • Games are worth more the farther in a Qualifier you go.
    • (More detailed discussion on the point system is forthcoming).

3. Advancing to the Championship
    • The Championship is a 16-person invitational to be held August 29th, 2012 (Bronze-Gold) and August 31st, 2012 (Platinum-Diamond).
    • The Championship Series, although a single-elimination tournament, begins with Bo3s in the Ro16. The quarterfinals and semi-finals are Bo5s, and the Championship Match is a Bo7.
    • The map pool may be adjusted for the Championship Series, so check back. Additionally, each player receives one map veto per round (but do not carry over into the next round).
    • The Championship, unlike the Qualifiers, will be done through power seeding. Power seeding is determined by the point system (e.g. The highest point earner will receive the highest power seed).
    • There are two ways to get an invitation to the Championship Series:

3a. By Points Alone!
    • The top 14 point earners will receive invitations outright. So get out there and win!
    • The top 14 players should also submit an e-mail address to an LXG admin. We want to feature your most epic play during the Qualifiers, so please submit replays that you believe are epic (with time-stamps if you like), for the creation of a promotional video for the Championships.

3b. By points, with a little bit of help.
    • Point earners 15-20 will be entered into a voting pool, with their names submitted to the community. The two players with the highest numbers of votes will receive invitations to participate in the Championship.
    • To help you in your quest to become one of the participants by vote, the LXG team requests that players ranked 15-20 provide an LXG admin with an e-mail address and their most epic play. Please submit replays and outline exactly which time stamps need to be featured and LXG will make it into a youtube video with a link directly to the polls.

FAQS

1. Can I play in more than one Qualifier?
    Absolutely! In fact, it's encouraged. Point values are cumulative from Qualifier to Qualifier. Although winning a Qualifier basically guarantees an invitation to the Championship, winning a single Qualifier does not guarantee you the highest ranked seed.

2. I'm Bronze-Gold right now and I've been practicing a lot, but I just got promoted to Platinum. Do I have to drop out fo the Series?
    • First of all, congratulations on the promotion. Secondly, no. Points earned in the Bronze-Gold qualifiers will roll over into the Platinum-Diamond series, so practice your heart out!

2a. I just got promoted and I've already played in a Qualifier. How many Qualifiers can I compete in?
    • The maximum number of Qualifiers you can compete in is 3.

3. I'm Platinum-Diamond and I just got promoted to Masters. Can I still play?
    • These will be taken on a case-by-case basis. Check back for more information.

4. If ranks 1-14 get seeds, what about the two players who are voted in?
    • The two players who are voted in will receive the lowest seeds and will thus play in the Championship Series against the Rank 1 and Rank 2.

5. Do the Qualifiers have prizes?
    • Besides playhem points, the only prizes you get from the Qualifiers are ranking points, glory, and a spot in the LXG Open Hall of Fame. The money prizes are only awarded for the Championship.

6. How will I receive the money if I win?
    • A black car will be on the corner of the nearest intersection six hours after... Haha, nah, you wish, right? Paypal will be the method used to transfer funds to the players who win the money prize.

Last edited by ProfscLXG on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:39 pm; edited 5 times in total
    SuperNomNomNoodle

LXG Summer Championship Series Rules and Information Empty Re: LXG Summer Championship Series Rules and Information

Post  SuperNomNomNoodle Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:15 pm

This is a cool idea but i cant log in for it. Mad
    ProfscLXG
    ProfscLXG
    Admin

LXG Summer Championship Series Rules and Information Empty Re: LXG Summer Championship Series Rules and Information

Post  ProfscLXG Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:58 pm

I'm sorry to hear that NomNomNoodle. I hope that the issue resolves before the time of the tourney. If not, let us know and we'll see what we can do to help.
    ProfscLXG
    ProfscLXG
    Admin

Post  ProfscLXG Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:02 pm

Due to technical difficulties with playhem for the Bronze-Gold Qualifier #1, each player MUST submit their replays and/or have an observer/caster present in their game to verify a win or a loss.

Official observers: HikariLXG, IdunnoLXG, DekLXG, turkcatLXG, sulfate

Official casters: ParkyLXG, ProfScLXG, CaptainAmericaLXG (CpnAmericaLXG in-game), DocfletchLXG

Emergency Tournament Admins: ParkyLXG, ProfScLXG, any other LXG member.

For the record: All matches before the quarterfinals are Bo1s. The quarterfinals and the semi-finals and Bo3s. The final match is a Bo5.

REMEMBER! Each game you win gives you points, so not reporting a game will affect your standing for the championship.

--------

Replays can be e-mailed directly to: qwertygem@live.com

Please save replays (these are just to verify tournament wins, not "epicness") in the following format:

Player Name.Opponent Name.Round.Game.Win/Loss

Example: ProfScLXG.ParkyLXG.Round5.Game2.Win
    ProfscLXG
    ProfscLXG
    Admin

Post  ProfscLXG Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:43 pm

If you like what we do, please post on our Teamliquid thread!

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=36
    kdiesel

LXG Summer Championship Series Rules and Information Empty Joining

Post  kdiesel Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:46 am

i want to join the bronze - gold summer qualifier but because of the 1.5 patch is says i have no league and isn't allowing me to join, what do i do?
    ProfscLXG
    ProfscLXG
    Admin

Post  ProfscLXG Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:34 am

Hi kdiesel!

So, the easiest way to fix this problem is for you to find your battle.net profile page. Copy that URL, and re-paste it into the playhem profile for the games you have added. This is the same fix for when you get promoted/demoted and should work as long as patch 1.5 hasn't really messed up the game.

Let me know if this works.

- ProfSc
    kdiesel

LXG Summer Championship Series Rules and Information Empty joining

Post  kdiesel Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:21 am

Thanks for the suggestion, but i just tried it 3 times, and every time i did it i appeared with no rank, the people on playhem said it will stay like that because of a bug on starcraft and many people have this issue.

So now what do i do?
    ProfscLXG
    ProfscLXG
    Admin

Post  ProfscLXG Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:40 am

Try again tomorrow, if the problem continues to persist, we can maybe proxy one of our players who isn't participating for you in playhem. You would just need to send them the replays as you progress through the tourney.
    kdiesel

Post  kdiesel Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:50 am

ProfscLXG wrote:Try again tomorrow, if the problem continues to persist, we can maybe proxy one of our players who isn't participating for you in playhem. You would just need to send them the replays as you progress through the tourney.

Well i don't think it will work cause I've been trying for the past week but ill try, and if it doesn't work either we could do what u said or if this is possible u could open it to no division for 1 minute and ill join and then u can close it
    ProfscLXG
    ProfscLXG
    Admin

Post  ProfscLXG Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:58 am

Okay, let me know by tomorrow.
    kdiesel

LXG Summer Championship Series Rules and Information Empty Joining

Post  kdiesel Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:03 pm

alright so I've tried it a bunch of times and it still aint working, so whats the plan?
    PandesaLXG
    PandesaLXG

LXG Summer Championship Series Rules and Information Empty hey kdiesel

Post  PandesaLXG Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:28 pm

please come to the LXG Open chat channel and contact me. My name will be TeamLXG
    Celulon

Post  Celulon Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:04 pm

hi there I'm trying to join the summer qualifier #3 today but playhem wont let me it says "your division is not allowed to join" tryed to join from a few browsers and it didnt work not sure what to do from here.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 pm