LXG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the official forum for the LXG team and community.

+2
DoeringLXG
LXG
6 posters

Rules and Maps

LXG
    LXG
    Admin

Rules and Maps Empty Rules and Maps

Post  LXG Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:28 pm

We will be posting up a set of rules that will be followed for every LXG Open. Any rule breaking will inolve warnings, disqualification, and if serious enough being banned from tournaments all together.

Of course the map pool hasn't changed since the start of the tournament, it has and always will be MLG maps we will post up a list of those soon as well.
    DoeringLXG
    DoeringLXG

Rules and Maps Empty Proposed Rules

Post  DoeringLXG Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:51 am

Just making a list of some rules I think we should implement.
    1. MLG maps used (Meta Included lol)

2. Must select one race to play throughout the tourney. I.E. - no changing race between your second match from your first. (Will be allowed to change race for another SEPERATE tourney we hold)

3. LXG will select each map that will be played for everyround before each tournament starts. In best of 3, 5, or 7 matches, LXG will select round 1 map. The loser for each game after that will select the next map to be played for that round out of the map pool. NO REPEATS of a map will be played in a best of 3, 5, or 7. Players may only reselect a map if they have moved on to a new round.

*SO FAR THIS IS WHAT I HAVE. IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO ADD RULES, DISAGREE WITH ONES I HAVE MADE, OR EDIT SOME OF THE RULES I HAVE MADE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DO SO. THAT WAY AFTER SOME DEBATE AND TALK WE CAN QUICKLY DEVELOP A SET LIST OF RULES FOR LXG TOURNAMNETS. THANKS!*
    DocFletchLXG
    DocFletchLXG

Rules and Maps Empty GOOD START

Post  DocFletchLXG Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:25 am

i like where your heads at for sure... i was thinkin about fighting the race switching rule but i do believe its one race per player per tourney and thats how it should be....

as for maps i think we need to talk it over on skype about what should get in.. i mean fuck lets make this our tournament for real I want JUNGLE BASIN back in the map pool!! and I play Zerg thats how much i love it... bel'shir beach included as well i feel... but to be honest the MLG map pool is a solid group to play around, and its the simplest we just evolve as they do with it...

I also think that we need to discuss the format of the open itself, possible moving it to bo3 single elim but i really like what the opens are doing for us so i dont know if we should try to fix something that isnt broken...

those are greats points to start out with doering and me and paul will finalize something soon and have nan post it up as official rules...
    DoeringLXG
    DoeringLXG

Rules and Maps Empty Re: Rules and Maps

Post  DoeringLXG Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:49 am

agreed. About the brackets. I think we need to think of what would be the most practical. Like for now..what takes most time. What we have been doing takes what...5-6 hours or something to finish. How long would a bo3 single elim. take? I don't really care how you guys want to set it up. I just think we need something definite that we wont have to change for a time.
    ZeeLXG
    ZeeLXG
    Admin

Post  ZeeLXG Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:44 am

I like the rules that you have been thinking of so far. I personally don't care that much about the race change... I think if anything race changes can only happen in games best of 3, 5, or 7. I think you need to start game 1 with your set race... Like lets say Nan is playing as Protoss Rules and Maps 278776646 for the tournament but he goes up against a Terran Rules and Maps 2652041798 in a BO5 match. In the second game of the BO5 he can switch his race once, so now he chooses to play as Zerg Rules and Maps 3529243012 . After switching his race once he has to stay as Zerg Rules and Maps 3529243012 for the rest of the BO5! Do you think that would be better? Or just no race change?

Yeah maybe a BO3 Single Elimination Bracket might be better than doing what we have now with losers bracket too. It might cut it down to 3-4 hours!
    NanManLXG
    NanManLXG
    Admin

Post  NanManLXG Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:47 pm

I think you need to start game 1 with your set race... Like lets say Nan is playing as Protoss for the tournament but he goes up against a Terran in a BO5 match. In the second game of the BO5 he can switch his race once, so now he chooses to play as Zerg . After switching his race once he has to stay as Zerg for the rest of the BO5!

I like this idea that if you really want to race switch you can but you have to start out playing your main race and staying as whatever race you switched to for the rest of the series sounds good to me.
    DoeringLXG
    DoeringLXG

Post  DoeringLXG Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:15 pm

I still like to one race all tourney. I mean if you start sucking as that race later in the tourney. Too bad you should have practiced more lol
    PfreshLXG
    PfreshLXG
    Admin

Post  PfreshLXG Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:38 pm

I just reread Doering's post.. lol

Should have practiced more.... damn

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:57 am