LXG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the official forum for the LXG team and community.

4 posters

Ladder Season 3

NanManLXG
    NanManLXG
    Admin

Ladder Season 3 Empty Ladder Season 3

Post  NanManLXG Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:28 pm

Ladder Season 3 starts tomorrow July 26th Exclamation

With the start of the new season Blizzard has added new maps to the ladder pool. Check out the new maps below if you haven't seen them before check the link.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/2943356#blog

The following changes are being made to the ladder map pool when Season 3 begins on Tuesday, July 26:

1v1

Removed:
    Scrap Station (2)
    Slag Pits (4)
    Delta Quadrant (4)
    Metalopolis (4) Uhhh WHAT!?

Carried over:
    Xel’Naga Caverns (2)
    Backwater Gulch (4)
    Shakuras Plateau (4)
    Tal'Darim Altar LE (4)
    The Shattered Temple (4)
    Typhon Peaks (4)

New:
    Nerazim Crypt (4)
    Searing Crater (4)
    Antiga Shipyard (4)
    Abyssal Caverns (4)

2v2

Removed:
    Monlyth Ridge (4)
    Gutterhulk (4)
    Omega Sector (4)
    Red Stone Gulch (4)

Carried over:
    Discord IV (4)
    High Orbit (4)
    Khaydarin Depths (4)
    Scorched Haven (4)
    The Ruins of Tarsonis (4)
    Tempest (8

New:
    Tyrador Keep (8
    The Boneyard (8

3v3

Removed:
    Quicksand (6)
    Colony 426 (6)
    Monsoon (6)
    Typhon (6)

Carried over:
    Arakan Citadel (6)
    Cinder Fortress (6)
    Dig Site (6)
    Frontier (6)
    The Bio Lab (6)
    Ulaan Deeps (6)

New:
    Green Acres (6)
    Temple of the Preservers (6)

4v4

Removed:
    High Ground (8
    Megaton (8

Carried over:
    District 10 (8
    Extinction (8
    Lava Flow (8
    Outpost (8
    Sand Canyon (8
    Toxic Slums (8

New:
    Fossil Quarry (8
    Deadlock Ridge (8

FFA

Removed:
    Metalopolis (4)
    Slag Pits (4)

Carried over:
    The Shattered Temple (4)
    Quicksand (6)
    Tectonic Rift (6)
    Abyss (8

New:
    Abyssal Caverns (4)
    Antiga Shipyard (4)
    Nerazim Crypt (4)

This is the official post regarding the removal of Metalopolis http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2878771457

In Season 3, we’re introducing a number of changes to the map pool; we’re dropping some older maps, and adding a number of new ones. One of the more notable changes we’re making is the removal of Metalopolis. We realize that this is quite a popular map, and we wanted to discuss the reasons why we might make such a change and hopefully lay some of your concerns to rest. We also would like to point out that merely because a map has been removed from the pool, does not mean that it will never make a return in the future. Despite its flaws, Metalopolis has strong potential to be a map that returns in future ladder seasons.

Still, there are reasons why we decided to retire Metalopolis for now:

Metalopolis has been around for quite a long time, over a year including beta. We felt that taking it out of the rotation would make some room for variety in the map pool.

Metalopolis suffers balance issues when close spawn positions occur, but becomes too predictable when they are simply disabled. Close positions have been under a lot of discussion lately, and we’re definitely examining better options to allow for random spawn positions across the map pool without also creating too much predictability and vulnerability to proxy rushes.

Overall balance has also proven to be an issue on Metalopolis -- even factoring in close position spawn issues. It’s among the least balanced maps currently in the ladder pool, and along with Scrap Station (also being removed) and Tal’darim Altar, has a heavy (60%+) bias toward zerg at the highest levels of play.

If Metalopolis makes a return to the ladder pool in the future, it will likely receive some balance tinkering, much like that administered to Lost Temple which resulted in the creation of Shattered Temple. In the meantime, we hope that you enjoy the fresh maps that have been added to the ladder pool in Season 3.
    PandesaLXG
    PandesaLXG

Ladder Season 3 Empty Re: Ladder Season 3

Post  PandesaLXG Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:10 pm

Really proud right now because i'm part of this ^^
    DoeringLXG
    DoeringLXG

Post  DoeringLXG Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:26 am

The New 1v1 maps....I'm not a huge fan.
    Cushy

Post  Cushy Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:31 am

The new maps are interesting, and i think it adds a fresh new look to Sc2, i enjoy change. it makes me wanna play more games :DD
    NanManLXG
    NanManLXG
    Admin

Post  NanManLXG Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:25 pm

So i have played all these maps expect Abyssal Caverns. I haven't had time to really mess with them but Antiga Shipyard has a little attachment on your base and for all you wonderful terran players to exploit with your tanks drops just like good old lost temple. But whats better is just drop some tanks on this ledge, than drop some tanks in there base cause they have some shrubbery hiding this little ledge. Or be really cool and just set a ghost there and drop nukes on the base the whole game. So please have fun exploiting blizzards failure Wink

I liked playing Searing Crater vs a zerg because it was so easy to take bases for me and easily take a gold base(that'll be harder depending on spawn locations of course), plus with those rocks protecting the third it's pretty easy to just destroy the rocks and force field the ramp and kill off that base.

I played Nerazim Crypt vs a toss and didn't have any real problems with it other than the base being HUGE like i kept my buildings close to my nexus at first which i'm going to have to work on my building placements on that map because of how different it is. I've heard rumors that depending on spawn locations it might turn into the new steps of war, i haven't seen this yet. But like i said i only hit each map once so let me know what your thoughts are on the new maps.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 5:20 pm