LXG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the official forum for the LXG team and community.

+4
ASTZerg
ImuugiLXG
Plixxer
brian2sk8t
8 posters

My Apology

brian2sk8t

My Apology Empty My Apology

Post  brian2sk8t Sun May 27, 2012 4:46 am

Hey this is Reavus. Recently i completely intentlessly and unnecessarily provoked some pointless and , honestly, stupid drama in the LXG Community In-Game chat. I wanted to make an official apologetic statement to concretely represent the sincerity of my apology.

To prefix telling you my positives, and im doing so humbly, i will tell you the negative and controversial drama i provoked in chat. I had logged on and didnt have much time avaliable to play. I asked in chat if anyone was willing to play a 1v1 custom game with me. Icarus was the only person to offer a reply, consisting of "1v1?".

I confronted this reply attempting him to get him to play me in a 1v1. He denied, and denied. Said 'he wanted to ladder so if he won he would rank up'. I kept asking to play him and he continued denying. I attempted to convince him, playfully poking at him with slightly emotionally-aggresive referenes to our previous matches where i played extremeley "boldly" and won.

I got angry again when he denied again, and I said something worded terribly, and completely obstracting my original, sincere intentions. What i said can be found in the logs/screenshots, and was understood to have insulted everyone in lxg. Offending many, i replied clarifying my intentions and clarified i was intending to primarily insult and prod at idunno. My recent intentions have been that i feel idunno isnt a person that displays and represents lxg through his behavior well or in a mature manner. idunno is constanttly trolling, and making fun of what players say in chat. He randomly will attack anesthetic in chat; a community regular; and insulting him. He acts immature and "troll-like" in chat all the time. He himself made stabs and made fun of me in chat recently.

I also wasn't fond of the recent activity among systemlxg, raging a bit in chat himself about balance and protoss, complaining about protoss and terran 2raxing and what not. Not only this but i had played system a couple weeks back and he was trying a new style; ling infestor vs. terran. I was at a bad stage of my mech opener developement and lost 2 times. I was aggresive and angry about the losses and just asked to stop and ladder. I wouldnt accept any of the tips he was attempting to give me because i was mad and ignorant. I was also mad after a ladder game in a different situation where idunno actually watched the replay and attempted to give me tips. I was very angry and ignorant about that as well. System specifically acted very elitist in his situations, refusing to even consider my insight and just made bluntly rude comments.

In the midst of the drama, i was successfully misunderstood and then insulted by LXG members themselves, but also somewhat neutrally supported and reiterated by a community regular; blackvenom. Things were obviously said intruthfully and intentions were misplaced due to the hostility of the scenario.
    I apologize for my actions, and feel that taking a break from the LXG community generally for a week or two, maybe more if i feel. I hope to provide people with a break from my raging and drama.

I want to let people know that i didnt only negatively rage and provoke drama in the LXG chat. I supported team LXG strongfully and powerfully; putting the link to this forum and displayed the LXG activity schedule in my stream banner, my stream info and title. I was even asked by Systemlxg if i was a member of LXG? (fecesiously) because i had the LXG Open overlay on my stream. I said no, i wasnt a member and i was just a powerful supporter. I dont know if that was a” him being concerned” move or him simply just telling me “you’re not a member, stop acting like one” move.

I hope this isnt a wall-of-text of nonsensical rabbling, overuse of complicated words, and a completely overexageration of a little drama, because I'm afraid i didn't write this entire apology under the right psychadelic or mental state of mind. I hope that when you get done reading this, you know i am serious about everything i said, especially this paragraph Smile.

Thanks Team LXG, and glhf!

EDIT: Here are the chat logs and screenshots of chat, all in a zip archive.

http://fbe.am/72i

Last edited by brian2sk8t on Sun May 27, 2012 11:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Plixxer

My Apology Empty Re: My Apology

Post  Plixxer Sun May 27, 2012 8:06 am

What screenshots/logs??..., you should post them for everyone else to see. I for one had read the logs and to be honest, I agree with reavus. He definitely rages a bit but i think everyone does. He handled himself very well in chat and really wasnt disrespecting anyone other than idunno, who I feel is bm and disrespects plenty of people anyway(as soon by the guy who made a mega long post on the forum like a month ago, to which idunno replied crazily aggressive). Anyway, his 'pokes' at icarus were definitely in good taste and not meaning to actually provoke anger or even an argument. System didnt really handle it well either but no one is perfect. He was very aggressive and insulting towards reavus, i guess attempting to defend his teammate idunno but I dont think thats how you would do it. Dont fight fire with fire, fight it with water. Anyway, professional apology. Hope you're forgiven.. if thats even necessary. lol
    ImuugiLXG
    ImuugiLXG
    Admin

Post  ImuugiLXG Sun May 27, 2012 7:41 pm

First of all I am SystemLXG so we dont get mixed up. And I am not here to bm Reavus or anything not complain but to show people my side of the story. So, first of all I come back from being afk look in the open chat and the first thing I see is
    Everyone on TeamLXG are douchebags except for Nanman,Doc and Kaboodle and that point I am like wtf did I just miss I had Icarus post in skype the whole convo and I saw now I may have read it too fast or something because people were still talking in the
    open chat and I want to see what was going on. But Highlights of what I saw was that Reavus wanted to play Icarus in a 1v1, but Icarus just wanted to ladder then he said that beating Icarus was ez and Icarus is a good friend of mine and Reavus was not in
    a position to talk down to someone and I called him bad or something like that as well then we were talking to eachother and before I asked wait how am I a douchebag or something like that and he said System your Notbad....(lol, thanks that makes me feel
    better)then the fact that he thinks it will be ok after if he just bms Idunno in OUR open chat who is on our team does not give him any right if he does not like Idunno he can talk to him in their own chat but you dont bm someone in THEIR open chat thats just
    not rightand I think most people have had problems with Reavus but did not bad talk him to anyone or anything just ignored it even like he said when I tried to help him. but when you go and talk bad to one of LXG members in the open chat that is just not rightand Reavus u should know that and when I asked u if you were on LXG I was not going to (Tell Nanman on u like some would....) I thought you might have been on the team with your Overlay and all and I was not up to date being gone for a couple of daysand I would also like to Apologize to Reavus for some of the things I may have said I got a little bit angry when I saw you down talking my protoge Icarus and I may have said things I did not mean and probably in the worst way possible.
    ImuugiLXG
    ImuugiLXG
    Admin

Post  ImuugiLXG Sun May 27, 2012 7:41 pm

That is system btw Razz
    ASTZerg

Post  ASTZerg Sun May 27, 2012 8:44 pm

Sounds like there was a big misunderstanding, some bad mouthing, and then an over-reaction. Leave the past in the past, and move forward imo! Reavus seems like a nice guy, read the screenshots/logs and he definitely didnt mean much harm at all. A bit too persistent with icarus but it was all in good humor I think. Anyway, be sure to check out my tournament today at 10pm guys!
    ProfscLXG
    ProfscLXG
    Admin

Post  ProfscLXG Mon May 28, 2012 2:20 am

I agree with AST on this. Clearly some harsh words were exchanged, feelings were hurt, and some people feel slighted, but that doesn't change the fact of what LXG is. LXG is a community formed around eSports games like SC2 and LoL. Like any sport, there will be frustrations when it comes to improvement and people have their bad days and their good days. In my opinion, that's just a reflection of how awesome SC2 is: it's made up of humans who make mistakes and reflect on them. LXG and its surrounding community is made up of a number of those humans.

Now I'm not faulting anyone here, because I wasn't there when this went down, but I feel that everyone would benefit from a conversation once things cool down.

As for Reavus, I don't think that a self-imposed temporary exile will address any of the issues in the LXG community channel. Obviously, if people are saying hurtful things, we should have a conversation about BMing and trolling. Additionally, if people want to talk about balance issues, then I don't think saying those things in the community channel where no one is a Blizzard game designer will help your cause. That isn't to say we shouldn't help one another—post a replay, get people to watch it, identify places to improve.

We all get frustrated with the ladder and we all cope with that in different ways, but we shouldn't let out frustrations snowball into negativity. LXG is a place where we all share the same passions about Starcraft (and that other game, LoL, =P ), so we should focus on our similarities and supporting each other, instead of pointing fingers and name-calling.

Now, echoing AST, let's move on, shall we?

DocFletchLXG
    DocFletchLXG

Post  DocFletchLXG Wed May 30, 2012 3:25 am

ASTZerg wrote:Sounds like there was a big misunderstanding, some bad mouthing, and then an over-reaction. Leave the past in the past, and move forward imo! Reavus seems like a nice guy, read the screenshots/logs and he definitely didnt mean much harm at all. A bit too persistent with icarus but it was all in good humor I think. Anyway, be sure to check out my tournament today at 10pm guys!

i mother fucking agree... Reavus you're a fantastic member of the community and you keep the LXg chat alive.... keep it up
    IdunnoLXG
    Admin

Post  IdunnoLXG Wed May 30, 2012 3:59 am

First of all I am who I am, I won't change it. If anyone asks me to apologize, whoever doesn't matter who, you've another thing coming.

I may come off as aggressive but not without good reason. LXG knew who they were getting. Sometimes I go a little over the top, I get that but you act as if me replying harshly is unacceptable. I've been brought up to have thick skin, coming from my background you kind of have to.

The fact people are "prodding" me is another issue. Anesthetic has said he has "ignored" me then will make offhand comments for no reason about my rank. I don't appreciate it and I let him know damn well that I don't. If you knew the backstory of who prods me and why it sets me off you'd understand why I react the way I do.

When people prod me, it appears you guys want my reaction to be me giving someone a box of flowers, chocolates and a sweet smile because I have a tag and more is expected of me.

I'm not the pick of the daisy, I don't speak with eloquence and class/honor isn't what I hold dear. However something I will never do is treat someone unfairly if they don't try and provoke me to do so. Perhaps I'm a little quick tempered, I have thick skin it's true but I don't have the patience to put up with "prods" when there's no reason to do so.

People make fun of me, report me, etc. I accept that. However you guys can't seem to accept when they do this to me my response isn't to kiss their ass, it's to load a round and point it that them to get them to back down. That's who I am, that's what I do.

The weird thing is the people who are now putting up these grievances are people who are on my friend's list and talk to me regularly. If you feel this way about me than I don't care - but if I am the way I am understand there's a reason for it.
    PandesaLXG
    PandesaLXG

My Apology Empty Defend everyone

Post  PandesaLXG Wed May 30, 2012 4:20 am

Guess we all got off in the wrong foot just have a restart button or ignore but i love you both. i dont think im making any sense right now.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:42 am