LXG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the official forum for the LXG team and community.

3 posters

DC Lan #7 @ Netolic!

NanManLXG
    NanManLXG
    Admin

DC Lan #7 @ Netolic! Empty DC Lan #7 @ Netolic!

Post  NanManLXG Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:36 am

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=290980

What's going on?!

Finally, after a long wait due to MLG and issues with previous locations, we have decided that it is time to host another Luckyfool/Torenhire LAN in the Northern Virginia area. Only one thing, Rob isn't hosting!

It's really lame for Rob to be playing and also helping try to run the tournament, so he and I decided that since I run the tournament itself anyways, I can (hopefully) take over the organization portion as well. I'll probably still call on him for help at times...but don't tell him that!

Everyone who has been to a LAN hosted by the two of us can attest to our epic and amazing LANs! There's no reason not to show up - come and play SC2, come and play BW for lols (there will be BW!), come and hang out and chat! We're all friends here in the DC area via our TL threads, this is a perfect time to actually hang out in person! Everybody here is very friendly, don't be afraid to chat with anyone!

If you were around for DC Lan #6 at Cybergrounds, you'll know that Rob and I were chatting about doing a dual tournament - one for Diamond and below, one for all leagues. I think we are going to start the new year off with a new format!

Where:
    Netolic
    7409 Little River Turnpike #C
    Annandale VA 22003

When:
    The date hasn't been 100% confirmed. This LAN will either happen January 21st or January 28th. Both are Saturdays! Sign in starts at 11:00am. Tournament needs to be running by noon. Please be on time for signups, please give yourself plenty of time to warm up and get a practice game (or three!) in. The sign in time is for both open and diamond tournaments.

Prizes??
    The prize pool for the main tourmanent is dependant on how many people show up, unless we get a sponsor or get some donations. I can give a ballpark once we get some interest! (PS this is good incentive to bring friends and spread the word!!)

For the Diamond and below tournament, we will likely have a small cash prize and maybe a few pieces of gear to hand out!

Format:
    The main tournament will be our usual format: Everyone starts out in a group - games are BO1 and top two players* advance into a single elimination bracket consisting of BO3 - semifinals and finals will be BO5.

The Diamond Tournament will be a double elimination bracket**, BO3 all the way through, winner's bracket finals and the grand finals (winners bracket winner vs losers bracket winner) will be a BO5. All losers bracket games will be BO3. No extended series rule.
    * Number of matches played and number of people who advance will depend on number of players.
    ** Diamond and below tournament format subject to change, pending number of signups.

Map Pool: MLG Providence map pool
    MLG Antiga Shipyard
    MLG Dual Sight
    MLG Metalopolis
    MLG Shakuras Plateau
    MLG Shattered Temple
    MLG Tal'darim Altar
    MLG Xel'naga Caverns

Rules:
    Will be posted once we have an idea of number of players! General rules will be the same as previous LANs, in terms of disconnects, map choosing, etc. Refer to prior threads by searching "DC LAN" in TL Search Box.

How do I sign up?
    Send an email to dclansignups(at)gmail.com with the following format

TL Username
    Battle.net Username (if different)
    ID code
    Race
    Tournaments you'd like to play in (Open / Diamond and Below / Both)
    ZeeLXG
    ZeeLXG
    Admin

DC Lan #7 @ Netolic! Empty Re: DC Lan #7 @ Netolic!

Post  ZeeLXG Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:44 pm

AWESOME!!!
    Thanks for posting this up here! Very Happy
    Just signed up!

Oh and Nan, LuckyFool said he wanted you casting Razz and I posted saying I second his vote lol.
    NanManLXG
    NanManLXG
    Admin

Post  NanManLXG Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:53 pm

Thanks man! What a Face Yea I would much rather cast than play!

Did you sign up for both tournaments??
    ZeeLXG
    ZeeLXG
    Admin

Post  ZeeLXG Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:42 am

No, I only signed up for the Diamond and below... but I guess I could change and sign up for both lol.
    NanManLXG
    NanManLXG
    Admin

Post  NanManLXG Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:18 pm

I mean you don't have to if you don't want to Razz but you have the option of signing up for both bounce
    NanManLXG
    NanManLXG
    Admin

Post  NanManLXG Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:38 pm

UPDATE!

Torenhire
    Going to update now. Dual streams?! :O Or maybe NamMan and the other guy (sorry you're new and I know NamMan from last few times!!) can co-cast or trade off. Smile
    jimmyLXG
    jimmyLXG

Post  jimmyLXG Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:55 pm

NamMan . . . ? Lol ^_^ Well are you going to stream the tourament on your channel, because im in wisconsin and won't be able to make it </3
    NanManLXG
    NanManLXG
    Admin

Post  NanManLXG Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:00 am

jimmyLXG wrote:NamMan . . . ? Lol ^_^ Well are you going to stream the tourament on your channel, because im in wisconsin and won't be able to make it </3
    Lol yea he misspelled my name I corrected him on it already Razz
    Yes I will be streaming from my channel and it will be listed on the Teamliquid calendar under events ^_^
    jimmyLXG
    jimmyLXG

Post  jimmyLXG Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:02 am

NanManLXG wrote:
    jimmyLXG wrote:NamMan . . . ? Lol ^_^ Well are you going to stream the tourament on your channel, because im in wisconsin and won't be able to make it </3
    Lol yea he misspelled my name I corrected him on it already Razz
    Yes I will be streaming from my channel and it will be listed on the Teamliquid calendar under events ^_^

Yes... I get to watch, Maybe i will see zee ;D

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:59 pm