LXG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the official forum for the LXG team and community.

2 posters

1v1 Season 4 map pool did change !

Poll

Are you happy Blizzard changed the map pool at the last second ?

[ 2 ]
    1v1 Season 4 map pool did change ! I_vote_lcap100%1v1 Season 4 map pool did change ! I_vote_rcap [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    1v1 Season 4 map pool did change ! I_vote_lcap0%1v1 Season 4 map pool did change ! I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 2
    NanManLXG
    NanManLXG
    Admin

1v1 Season 4 map pool did change ! Empty 1v1 Season 4 map pool did change !

Post  NanManLXG Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:24 pm

From Blizzard

After reviewing player feedback, we’ve selected a 1v1 map pool composed of tournament-configured maps for the upcoming Season 4 of the StarCraft II ladder.

Six of the eight total maps in the Season 4 1v1 map pool will be maps that have been used in tournaments around the world. In addition, Shattered Temple and Metalopolis will be returning to the map pool, with close spawn positions disabled. Two non-tournament maps -- Abyssal

Caverns and Nerazim Crypt -- will also be included. Players can veto these two non-tournament maps and still have a single veto remaining for the remaining maps, just as a player would in a major tournament.

These maps will be removed:

(Wiki2)Backwater Gulch
    (Wiki2)Searing Crater
    (Wiki2)Typhon Peaks

These maps will form the new 1v1 map pool:

(Wiki2)Abyssal Caverns (non-tournament)
    (Wiki2)Antiga Shipyard
    (Wiki2)Metalopolis (close spawns disabled)
    (Wiki2)Nerazim Crypt (non-tournament)
    (Wiki2)Shakuras Plateau
    (Wiki2)Shattered Temple (close spawns disabled)
    (Wiki2)Tal’darim Altar LE
    (Wiki2)Xel’naga Caverns

Depending on the feedback we receive regarding this approach to the 1v1 ladder map pool, we may move further toward a tournament-configured map format in future ladder seasons. We look forward to hearing what you think, and we hope you all have a great Season 4!
    ZeeLXG
    ZeeLXG
    Admin

1v1 Season 4 map pool did change ! Empty Re: 1v1 Season 4 map pool did change !

Post  ZeeLXG Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:04 am

I love the new map changes! Very Happy bringing back metalopolis is one of the best decisions!
    however I'm kinda sad Backwater Gulch is now gone Sad I actually liked that map and did pretty well on it for the most part...

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:04 pm