LXG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the official forum for the LXG team and community.

3 posters

Team EG mystery announcement in 1 day 5 hours?

NanManLXG
    NanManLXG
    Admin

Team EG mystery announcement in 1 day 5 hours? Empty Team EG mystery announcement in 1 day 5 hours?

Post  NanManLXG Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:08 pm

So I first found out about this mystery announcement last night and I have been going crazy over this. Now that the community sites, Reddit and Teamliquid have combined their powers in trying to figure this out new information has been speculated/possibly brought to light.

All this information was taken from http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=254730

originally Team EG tweeted a cryptic message.

THEY SHALL NOT..#$)2399999999.900 http://t.co/MGwVDPN 324_____ITCANT gooog through...CLICK CLIK SLCI

This original tweet has since than been deleted. http://twitter.com/#!/EvilGeniuses/status/102739931356594176

The link goes to http://myeg.net/unknown/ which has a massive countdown with 1 day 5 hours to go...

There are also some audio clips being played the most recent one talks about "joining a SPECIAL TACTICS squadron"

any speculation what it may be?

Now lets move on to what the community has found out.
    Dox made an excellent post about this:

On August 15 2011 16:08 Dox wrote:
    Because the same stuff keeps getting recycled lately, here's a summary:

* There is text scribbled into the background of MyEG.net/unknown. (https://i.imgur.com/WiWY0.jpg)
    Each piece of text says:
    --- "The face of the light"
    --- "One more game, just one more game"
    --- "Two face, two face, two face"
    --- "I will not GG..."
    --- "For the fans"

* The aforementioned text closely identifies with the following subjects:
    --- The face of the light: White-Ra (Egyptian Sun God)
    --- One more game, just one more game: OneMoreGame.tv
    --- Two face, two face, two face: To Face
    --- I will not GG: IdrA
    --- For the fans: Showmatch

* The first (of 5) MP3 has been revealed on the site. It contains recordings of two matches, commentated by various community figures, in between the sounds of waves (=liquid?) crashing.
    --- Game 1 is HuK vs HasuObs from TSL3.
    --- Game 2 is HuK vs QXC from Day9 Daily #262.

* The file name of the MP3 is "neca_eos_omnes_deus_suos_agnoscet.mp3", which is a Latin phrase which translates into “Kill them all, God will know His own.” This phrase references a French crusade. I curiously attempted to subtract some sort of anagram from these letters, but unfortunately the only common/relevant words which stood out were:
    --- announce
    --- guess
    --- game
    --- omega
    --- cameo
    --- coast
    --- endgame
    --- succeed
    --- success
    --- season
    --- second
    --- stage
    --- tease
    --- get
    --- team

* In the javascript source code for the site, the web author's name was discovered on the 2nd line.

--- Upon searching for this Author on Facebook, his location was revealed as Egypt.
    --- The source has since been edited to display, "@author keep lookin..."

* Curiously, the following script which controls the countdown timer is written in Polish:
    --- var dzien=16;
    --- var miesiac=8;
    --- var rok=2011;
    --- var godzina=12;
    --- var minuta=00;
    --- var sekunda=00;
    --- var d = new Date(rok, (miesiac-1), dzien, godzina, minuta, sekunda, 0);
    --- var curent = new Date();
    --- var mili=d.getTime()-curent.getTime();
    if(mili>0)

* As the countdown is based on the time of your computer clock, you can force all of the "Play" buttons to display by winding your clock forward. This accomplishes nothing though, as the MP3's have not yet been uploaded.

* It seems that EG is intentionally extending information and then revoking it, as seen by several cryptic tweets being posted, investigated, and then deleted. (ie. A scrambled tweet was posted directing users to NatGeo Egypt, and has since been deleted.) Along with the author being removed from the javascript, and also evidenced by looking at the source code for the first MP3 file.
    ---
    ID3vTCONOtherTYER2011TDATTXXXEngineerSound ForgeGEOBSfMarkers dGEOBˆSfCDInfod‰Æ’ÓÌÇL¿žbð“d‰Æ’ÓÌÇL¿žbð“DDUSLTengNice try, Reddit.ÿûÒüK€¤€ p.

* EG.LectR PM'd several TeamLiquid members with links to various YouTube links, accompanied with the messages, "THEY SHALL JOIN TOGETHER. https://i.imgur.com/owQQn.jpg" and "THEY SHALL NEVER FORGET.#@))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))."

--- One was a Lord of the Rings scene, where Gandalf the White commands reinforcements from the East.
    --- Another was a Johnny Cash song: Folsom Prison Blues.

* EG.LectR bumped the fan-club threads for every single member of Team EG. He has since been banned.

* When Heosat was asked to confirm/deny whether or not HuK was joining EG, he said he was not at liberty to comment. He removed this post soon after.

* Several key community figures who know what the announcement is, have suggested that there will be some form of community backlash.

--- Kennigit: "Some massive drama is going to go down in about a week which people have known for months."
    --- FXO.BoSs: "A new protoss player is my guess.... Maybe huk or sase."
    --- Mr Bitter: "As someone that knows what it is, I can assure you all, this announcement may cause internet implosion."
    --- Heosat: Wwhat I can say is this: it is the first item of a chain of news items. Sadly not all the items are good news. "
    --- GenoZStriker: "Find the four horsemen and you'll perhaps find your answer."

I think that pretty much sums up everything so far... it's hard to say which elements are red herrings and which are substance.

My own personal speculation is some kind of partnership / player trade between EG and Liquid.

To be honest i'm nervous it seems that Huk might possibly be joining EG... Not like that would be bad or anything since I'll root for Huk no matter what team he is on but with these two posts I just can't help but worry what will come of this announcement.

--- Kennigit: "Some massive drama is going to go down in about a week which people have known for months."

--- Mr Bitter: "As someone that knows what it is, I can assure you all, this announcement may cause internet implosion."
    Personally I would be much happier knowing WhiteRa joined EG than Huk, I don't know Huk and Idra on the same team seems tough but EG does need a top level toss so we'll see. Perhaps EG is announcing they have a team house set up in Korea(They talked about this before Idra came back to the states but have since than they have gone quiet on this and many assume it wont happen with no other EG members being in Korea other than Puma.) Perhaps Puma will be coming to the states now who knows.

What do you guys think about all this mystery??

NanManLXG
    NanManLXG
    Admin

Team EG mystery announcement in 1 day 5 hours? Empty Re: Team EG mystery announcement in 1 day 5 hours?

Post  NanManLXG Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:32 pm

Possible Updates

--- GenoZStriker: "Find the four horsemen and you'll perhaps find your answer."
    The first four Horseman, Liquid'HayprO, Tyler, Jinro, and TLO. Ret joined after that(not sure the date) Huk joined on September 25th so his 1 year contract is almost up but he still has sometime so who knows if he'll be leaving or no.

On August 15 2011 22:59 TWIX_Heaven wrote:
    Ok guys we dont need a password -

AS STATED BEFORE IT'S AN OLD MD5 HASH - just find a good decrypter (or a bad one lol)
    http://www.md5decrypter.com/ for example gives :

Md5 Hash: 70bb60b096680c4507f56ac76d73ca97 =
    Normal Text: the horse ran away the dawn of an era

now what else can we decrypt? is this a goose chase? most likely but lets find out!

Another little hint has possibly been decoded
    On August 15 2011 23:28 anonymitylol wrote:
    4kGkw1F6p/5jxnye9fDVuEgsTT9VTWhrYNU5ESm2epUngO3alW8A6wcfv4EOpphx1KgKaRVbjzFrJeOEtWtrPBgzJy9sD9siszhzpFeWZP+EmdrZ8Y5fCg==

Decrypted:

"the rivalry between the two
    mostly unknown
    liquid pro
    egypt was once his home"

The password was "dawn"

@IntelEM
    IntelExtremeMasters
    EG's IdrA's slot will be filled with someone else in the #SC2 Cologne Global Challenge. We will have news about it soon.

http://twitter.com/#!/IntelEM/status/103107015093661696

Maybe EG is announcing a crazy tournament that will be taking part around the same time with Huk, Idra, WhiteRA.... Being broadcasted on onemoregame.tv by Day[9] and djWheat or maybe EG is going to compete in the next GSTL??
    Can you tell that this is driving me crazy lol!

NanManLXG
    NanManLXG
    Admin

Team EG mystery announcement in 1 day 5 hours? Empty Re: Team EG mystery announcement in 1 day 5 hours?

Post  NanManLXG Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:04 pm

Dox Australia. August 15 2011 23:44

* Dozens of people, including Team Liquid staff, EG and even HuK himself have silently convinced thousands of people in this thread that it is merely an announcement of HuK departing Liquid to join EG and nothing more. Do you not know what a red herring is? They wouldn't go to all this trouble just to throw the information out there. This theory is a dead and beaten horse (ha, pun), time to let it go and focus on the details.

* White-Ra is not joining EG, he has confirmed this on his stream.

* The only new information that has really been released in the last 8 hours is the 2nd MP3 on http://MYEG.net/Unknown
    --- It mentions Advanced Training Skills & Special Tactics, with musical references to Egypt.
    --- It translates into "There is no grief which time does not lessen and soften."

* It was very recently announced that IdrA will not be attending the IEM world finals in 2 days. His replacement will be announced soon.

I started digging through the 2nd mp3 source code to find any hints but unfortunately I couldn't see anything at a glance. I welcome anyone to take over the task - I'm off to bed.
    NanManLXG
    NanManLXG
    Admin

Post  NanManLXG Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:34 pm

On August 15 2011 23:54 Gazilllion wrote:
    Brandon Freytag
    @freytagb United States
    One of the four horsemen of Evil Geniuses.

freytagb Brandon Freytag
    Snaps is the name of the game. Here is the second clue.....k, now you got it!!

Ahhhh I can't get any work done this is driving me crazy!

Also EG tweeted another clue/file http://twitter.com/#!/EvilGeniuses/status/103118076089860096

But of course it was deleted

someone else was on top of it this time though

I kinda retweeted it, so it won't get lost instantly:
    http://twitter.com/#!/FeelTHeBluEZ/status/103118380411781120
    ZeeLXG
    ZeeLXG
    Admin

Post  ZeeLXG Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:38 pm

ooooo puzzles! lol
    no but seriously this is pretty interesting stuff haha cheers
    jimmyLXG
    jimmyLXG

Team EG mystery announcement in 1 day 5 hours? Empty uhhh...??

Post  jimmyLXG Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:24 pm

You know, ill just wait till i found out what it really means Razz... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by jimmy on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : smiley face error!!!)
    NanManLXG
    NanManLXG
    Admin

Post  NanManLXG Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:04 pm

The wait is over!

The wait is finally over. After several days of hype and an I Love Bees style ARG, Evil Geniuses has revealed their big news.

Evil Geniuses has acquired Chris "HuK" Loranger from Team Liquid. This highly controversial move was widely rumored to be the case, but EG isn't done there.

In addition to this bombshell of an announcement, EG is also sending Greg "IdrA" Fields back to Korea. Both of these players and perhaps more will live in a brand new EG training house in Korea.

Check out the farewell to Huk on Teamliquid

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=255528
    ZeeLXG
    ZeeLXG
    Admin

Post  ZeeLXG Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:20 pm

MIND BLOWN!!! bounce
    HUK FIGHTING!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:34 pm